Terms of Service
Last updated: June 7, 2012
These Terms of Service, the “Terms”, is a legally binding agreement that governs your use of Quizboard, “Quizboard”, offered by Planeto AB, the “Company”, and accessed through Apple App Store, web sites, and other distribution channels.
When you use or access Quizboard you agree to be bound by these Terms, it is therefore very important that you take the time to carefully read them before you use or access Quizboard.
The definition of Quizboard in these terms includes the Quizboard applications and any content on the Quizboard web sites (whether on http://quizboard.com or related websites) such as, but not limited to, the game, manuals, chat rooms, discussion forums, FAQs, screenshots, trivia questions, trademarks and slogans etc.
To contact Planeto AB:
Postal address: Planeto AB, Lilla Nygatan 11, S-211 38 Malmö, Sweden
NOTE: Quizboard is provided to you for non-commercial, private use. If you are interested in using Quizboard in a commercial or academic/educational setting, please contact Planeto AB at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Accepting the Terms
- When you accept these Terms, the Company gives you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and limited license to use Quizboard for personal, non-commercial use. You agree and accept that you are not allowed to use Quizboard for any other purpose, for example to copy or distribute the Quizboard content to any third parties or otherwise use the content in violation of these Terms.
- The Company reserves the right to change the content of Quizboard or to discontinue offering Quizboard at any time or in any way, without prior notification to you.
- The Company may terminate your account and your access to Quizboard at any time and for any reason, without prior notification to you. No paid fees, in-game purchases or virtual currency will be returned or compensated to you.
- Your use of Quizboard is conditional of you accepting and abiding these Terms. If your use violates the Terms in any way, the Company reserves the right to terminate your session and ban you from Quizboard without prior notice to you.
- If you are under the age of majority you guarantee that you have received parental consent and your guardian agrees to these Terms on your behalf.
- The Company puts strong efforts in creating a friendly and joyful atmosphere on Quizboard. All users of Quizboard are therefore required to behave properly, cordially and amicably towards Company representatives and other users.
- You accept that the Company may show advertising from third parties on Quizboard. and the Company takes no responsibility for any content or promises stated in any such third party advertising.
- You must have a reliable internet connection to access and use Quizboard. Such internet connection may result in internet access fees, roaming fees and additional costs. The Company shall in no instance be liable for any costs that may incur from you accessing Quizboard from your cell phone, computer, tablet PC, or any other device.
- You accept that Quizboard is a multiplayer game and you cannot play alone. The Company cannot guarantee the availability of opponents.
- You accept that the extra content that you may receive as a Quizboard premium account holder may change or be revoked at any time, without prior notification to you.
- If you are in breach of these Terms you can be denied access to Quizboard.
- User Content
- You are responsible for any material that you upload and publish on to Quizboard.
- All contributions made by you to Quizboard, \”User Content\”, shall be the shared property between you and the Company unless otherwise regulated in law. Through your contribution you grant the Company a worldwide, fully paid up, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and transferable license (including right to sub-license) to use, modify, rework, sell, exploit or disclose such User Content on all currently known or in the future invented media without restriction.
- All contributions of User Content made to Quizboard will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- You agree that you own all rights to User Content submitted to Quizboard, including the right to grant the Company the license to User Content according to these Terms.
- The Company has no obligation to enforce any Intellectual Property rights that may exist in conjunction with your contribution of User Content. The Company has no obligation to accept, display, review or control any User Content and the Company has the right to alter or delete User Content at any given time without prior notice to the contributor. The Company is in no way liable for any damages owing to contributed User Content.
- Privacy and Protection of Personal Data
- Quizboard is accessible through Apple App Store, web sites, and other distribution channels. The Company is gathering (i) personal information that has been submitted by you through means of getting access to Quizboard and (ii) your use of Quizboard (collectively called Personal data). By using Quizboard, you consent to the collection and use of your Personal data as outlined in provision 3b.
- By accepting these Terms you give the Company permission to:
- use your Personal data to send out news, information, contests, offers and advertising regarding the Company and/or Quizboard to your email address;
- internally use your Personal data to refine and enhance the experience of our service;
- share aggregated and anonymized Personal data with third parties. All use by third parties is based on information stripped of all means of identification of the underlying user;
- share your Personal data with third parties, but only after your express permission (opt-in);
- transfer your Personal data, to the extent permitted by law, from your location to such territory where the data will be securely processed by the Company or by an appointed processor on behalf of the Company.
- If you do not agree to these privacy provisions you should not use Quizboard or submit any personally identifiable data. If you wish for the Company to inform you about the stored data or to delete such data you can contact the Company at email@example.com, this will however lead to you not being able to use Quizboard.
- Warranty limitations and Guarantee exclusion
- The Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on Quizboard, however Quizboard is provided to you \”as is\” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, of functionality, accuracy, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose or of non-infringement.
- The Company assumes no liability or responsibility of any kind for any errors or omissions in the content of Quizboard. Your use of Quizboard is at your own risk. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall the Company, its suppliers, or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering Quizboard be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising from your access to, or use of Quizboard.
- Any purchase by you in Quizboard may be performed with a virtual currency especially designed by the Company for Quizboard, as it will appear on Quizboard from time to time (in these terms defined as the \”Quizboard currency\”). After purchase the Quizboard currency may not be exchanged for money or other monetary value. The conditions of the Quizboard currency for purchase (such as but not limited to availability, costs and name of the currency) may be changed by Company without notice.
- Quizboard may contain links or references to other applications and websites. When you use these links, you are leaving Quizboard; the Company has no control over information published on other applications and websites and assumes no responsibility for information and other content on other applications and websites. You assume the risk yourself when using other applications and websites linked on Quizboard.
- The Company’s liability under these Terms shall be limited to the amount actually paid by you for the service. In no event shall the Company’s aggregate liability for any and all incidents exceed the aggregate fees paid by you.
- Intellectual Property
- Unless elsewhere stated in writing, Quizboard and all material in connection with Quizboard, is the sole property of the Company, or licensed by the Company, and are protected from unauthorized use by trademark and copyright laws.
- Your use of Quizboard does in no way entitle you to any Intellectual Property rights regarding Quizboard or User Content.
- These Terms prohibit you from using the Quizboard name, logos or other content without prior written permission of the Company.
- General terms
- These Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and the Company.
- The Company has no obligation or part in disputes arising between you and other users of Quizboard.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on matters between you and the Company, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision shall be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- To the extent permitted by local laws these Terms, and your relationship with the Company under these Terms, shall be governed by Swedish law. You and the Company agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malmö, Sweden to resolve any legal matter arising from these Terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that the Company shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or other equivalent types of urgent legal remedy) in any jurisdiction.